Happy Monday, everyone! Before we all trudge forward into the beginning of a new week, let’s take a moment for the weekly Meatless Monday recipe! Today’s feature is one that’s quickly becoming a staple in my household; I’ve actually got a batch in the oven as I type this up to bring with me to work later. Let’s begin!
Marinated Butternut Squash and Sweet Potatoes, as observed in its natural habitat along side a bowl of delicious tofu noodle soup.
Marinated Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato
1 butternut squash, cut and cubed
1 sweet potato, cut and cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the marinade. Combine OJ, EVOO, red wine vinegar, basil, parsley, cayenne, and a little salt and pepper into a large bowl. Whisk together until blended. Season according to taste.
Just look at that saaaaaaaase.
2. Place the cubed squash and potato in a large freezer bag; add garlic and marinade. Seal the bag nice and night, rub marinated around until everything’s good and covered.
I like to cube things myself, although these can be pretty helpful, too!
3. Marinade for at least an hour, up to overnight in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and empty the contents of the bag onto the sheet. Spread it out evenly, sprinkle with salt (I always forget this step for some reason!), roast until golden and tender, about 45 minutes to an hour.
5. Enjoy! So far, I’ve enjoyed this one with soup, or even just by itself, though it makes a great pairing with a lot of things.
Happy eating, everyone!