So, I was in the middle of writing a pretty lack-luster Writer’s Quote post just to fill up space yesterday, when I get an email letting me know that the ever lovely mrsbongle has nominated me for the Sunshine Award! My computer kind of freaked out on me yesterday, so I didn’t get a chance to post it until today, but there you have it. Now, any frequent follower of my blog knows that I’m rubbish about nominating people; I don’t seem to follow a lot of blogs that I keep up with enough to feel I’ve got a right to bother them with awards, but I do like the fact that this award comes with a little questionnaire that I thought would be fun to fill out and share.
So the rules dictate to thank and link back to the person who nominated you, so thanks again, mrsbongle!
And now the Ten Questions!
1. Nominate your favourite philosopher. Buddha. He counts, right? I don’t think a Buddhist could get much more philosophical than Buddha, but I guess I could also nominate Lao Tzu, since I’m technically more of a Taoist. Embracing Taoism was one of the best decisions of my life. “Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” Preach. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” I could go on all day…”Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
2. What is your favourite number? 13, 23, 1337, and any number that’s a palindrome. I once believed that I was going to die at age 23, which, clearly, did not turn out to be true. My pre-23 self was an interesting lass, to be sure.
3. What is your favourite animal? I’m literally flanked by cats right now, so I better say them, or else they’ll eat me in my sleep…
5. What’s your favourite vacation? The Pacific Northwest! It’s so wonderful and beautiful out there, and we had a really great time, even if the Sci Fi Musuem didn’t have Captain Kirk’s chair because it was on loan to Comedy Central for the William Shatner Roast!
6. What’s your favourite time of day? Dawn. My writing computer sit right by an east-facing window and I absolutely adore getting up, getting started on my day, and watching the sky change from one brilliant color to the next on its transition into the day ahead.
7. What’s your favourite physical activity? ….well, my mom reads this blog, so I’m just going to cough uncomfortably and say…um…hiking. Yeah. Let’s go with….hiking.
8. What’s your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. Actually, no, it’s tea, Jasmine with oolong and white tea, hot, but I wanted to quote Jean-Luc there.
9. What’s your favourite flower? I’ve always been partial towards lilacs.
10. What’s your passion? Storytelling. Nothing drives me more than that ability to have a tale rise up and grow and be told, be it through writing, my animated rambling speech, acting on a stage, or movements through a dance. There are so many incredible stories to be told…and so many more yet to be discovered, too.
I mentioned earlier that I’m rubbish at tagging people, especially since Janet already tagged most of the people I would likely tag, so I’m going to tag…everyone! I want to know your answers to these questions, whether on your own blog or in the comments. You’re all deserving of the Sunshine Award…and I’m supremely lazy. Even if it is my day off. I have some writing to catch up on!