Hooray! I’ve received an award! Thanks to the ever-lovely Em (whose blog I never get a chance to read nearly as much as I should like to!) for presenting me with the fun Versatile Blogger award! You like me! You really, really like me!
The rules of this award are as follows:
Anyone who accepts this is asked by the person selecting them to do three things:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this Award along up to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
So, first things first and lots of thanks and virtual cookies to Em once again! Anyone with a blog entitled “Loves to read, wants to write…” is my kind of blogger, and Em’s always been really supportive and encouraging in RoW80 check-ins and her comments are always a joy to read. So she’s awesome. If you’re not reading her yet, you should be. I know I should be reading her more myself.
And 7 Things about Myself:
1. I’m ambidextrous, though I prefer my left hand, especially in writing, bowling, and batting.
2. My favourite type of sushi is unagi nigiri. I am a complete sucker for a well prepared piece of eel!
3. For one of my very first Halloweens, my parents dressed me up as an Ewok. It remains, to this day, one of my favourite Halloween costumes and why I will probably always have a soft spot for Ewoks.
4. I have read The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin more times than I can count, and yet the ending still can make me cry. Also, when I was younger, I used to ride my bike around the farm pretending I was Turtle Wexler riding her bike. I then went on to pretend to be Turtle Wexler at Fandom High for a while. Some things, you never grow out of. Nor should you.
5. I have two purebred Siamese cats with papers and everything, Genghis Khan and Baldur Cat. They’re brothers, completely gay for each other, and I love them to bits. Having them has gotten me so much in the past few years and I can’t imagine life without them. And I was never even much of a cat person before, either.
6. I spent a great deal of time outdoors, either around the farm I grew up on or in the woods, pretending to be all sorts of characters from the DragonLance series or setting up puzzles and secret objects for my brother to find in my attempts to create a live-action King’s Quest game. Is it really any wonder I’m a writer? And I can see myself still doing stuff like that every once in a while, and I’m usually happiest when I’m somewhere that reminds me of all those great adventures I used to take in my imagination when I was younger.
7. I have a second place medal for wrestling from high school. I was terrible at the sport, but managed to net a bronze by default when one of the three people in my weight class had to forfeit a match due to an injury. I’m still oddly proud of being able to have avoided an injury for that particular meet, though I wound up having to drop off the team due to another injury that put my dancing at risk. Tutus and pointe shoes ruled out over singlets and rolling around on mats any day of the week.
And now, to pass along the love. Most of the people I watch and follow have already earned this prestigious award, but here are a few I don’t think have yet…or at least not in a while. I’d like to pass the Versatile Blogger on to:
Change is Never Ending, who has led me to so many great blogs through his thoughtful reblogging of awesome stuff.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell, for being an awesome RoWer full of encouraging comments, with a blog I wish I had more time to read, just like with Em.
No need to feel obligated to reciprocate if you’re not feeling it; I just wanted to share the love! And thanks again to EM for sharing it with me!
I hope everyone’s days are going well! I know mine is; absolutely no obligations today. I love it!